Qualifications and Accreditation Requirements
Every accredited adviser has had to convince his peers that he has the knowledge and experience to:
- Identify the musical needs of the client and to make appropriate recommendations as to their fulfilment.
- Handle issues relating to appearance, acoustics and (where appropriate) liturgical requirements.
- Identify the historic features of an organ (if any) and suggest appropriate action to conserve them.
- Give advice relating to the reliability, the future maintenance and the insurance of the instrument.
- Have experience of the work of different organbuilders and the general management of organ projects.
This has been tested by the submission of accreditation candidates of suitable references plus files relating to one or more previous projects.