The church had an organ from 1901, significantly altered in 1973. Its tone was aggressive and unpleasing, mechanisms failing, and appearance poor. Access for maintenance was unsatisfactory. The AIOA adviser recommended the provision of a new two-manual and pedal organ and supervised the tendering process, design, construction and voicing.
The church was sensitive architecturally –a typical small English village church– and maintained a choir located in the narrow chancel. Great care was taken to achieve a design which was shallow and elegant, sympathethic tonally and architecturally, and which allowed good access for maintenance.