This historic organ by Holdich dates from around 1850. It was languishing in the Chapel of the Radcliffe Infirmary in Oxford, which closed for major site development work.
Faculties were required both for the disposal of the organ and its acquisition in the Diocese of Chichester. The organ had to be dismantled and stored in clean and dry conditions whilst the new site received structural attention. The organ was carefully restored and the original style of winding reintroduced. The new site was tight in terms of space and this narrow organ design was perfectly matched for its new situation.