The delightful Lincolnshire country church of St Mary the Virgin was given a 1-manual Cousans of Lincoln in about 1878. In 1971 Cousans replaced this with a small 2-manual by Alfred Kirkland (dating from 1892). In due course this, too, proved inadequate for the church, so in 2008 a 13-stop 1890 Forster & Andrews originally built for the Congregational Church, Richmond, Yorks. was installed in its place.
The organ was fully restored (useful 1985 tonal alterations were kept) and the Kirkland pipe front was used as a side case. Such a ‘transplant’ project is ideal for many a small church.