Church of the Holy Cross


Church of the Holy Cross, Ramsbury

This two-manual organ with an early Gothic Revival case is believed to have been built in 1810 by G.P.England as a one manual instrument. The Swell organ was added in 1893 by Hill & Son.

Inappropriate additions made in 1960 became unreliable and the AIOA adviser recommended their removal along with a conservative restoration of the instrument. Investigation of the original finishes of the case and front pipes are planned.