Wadham


Wadham College, Oxford

A two-manual mechanical action organ built in the best Victorian tradition by ‘Father’ Henry Willis in 1877 and moved and completed by the same builder in 1886. Based in the chapel of a renowned English university, the instrument has been largely unaltered since its installation, although some changes had taken place to the internal soundboard actions.

An AIOA advisor discussed the detail of the scope of work with the selected organ builder and the reversal of minor tonal changes was undertaken. The conservative approach aimed to restore the organ back to its original condition.