Christ Church Dulwich


Christ's Chapel, Dulwich

This organ was originally built by George England in 1760; it was rebuilt in the Victorian era, extensively altered during the Edwardian period and later in the 1960s.

After thorough study, research and extensive discussion with the organ’s users, it was returned to mechanical action, the pipework restored and placed on new soundboards. The impressive Gothic Revival casework was also painstakingly restored. Whilst the organ’s historic pipework, pitch and unequal temperament have been preserved or reintroduced, a new Pedal Organ has been added and the organ’s compasses judiciously extended in order to enable the organ to be used in a wide repertoire of music.