The 1832, ‘Gothick’, Church of St Patrick is one of the most historic churches in the Leeds Diocese. It is a significant church in terms of liturgical and musical development in the diocese. A second-hand organ by Conacher was installed in the 1960’s. This was architecturally ill-at-ease and did not meet the musical and educational needs of the church and diocese.
The recommendations of the AIOA adviser resulted in the provision of a graceful and resourceful two-manual and pedal organ. The whole project (including ancillary gallery work) was supervised by the adviser, who also designed the organ case.