The restoration of the organ was overdue following recent work to the Cathedral structure.
The work supervised by an AIOA-accredited adviser included resiting the 1904 Norman & Beard Great, Swell and Pedal organs, plus a new console and action. Incorporating some 1904 Choir stops, a new choral accompaniment section is situated in the triforium either side of the sanctuary close to the newly-sited choir stalls. The Solo division is placed in the bay opposite the original chamber.
The value of such a successful project extends way beyond its function in the Liturgy into the wider musical work in the Diocese.