The fine medieval church of St Andrew sits in its own mini-close. The organ has its origins in an 1848 three-manual instrument by J.W.Walker. It had been moved four times in 164 years. Each move was to a less favourable position than before and two parallel rows of closely-packed front pipes blocked the egress of sound.
Guided by an AIOA adviser, the organ now has a completely new layout, building frame and wind system. A distinctive and visible new case has allowed the instrument a more prominent position so that, at last, the sound of the organ can heard properly throughout the church.